December 8, 2008

Are we Polish or what?





Of course we are...and its the bi-annual Perogie making festival.

Let's see...A basic perogie dough is...3 eggs, 3 cups of flour, a tablespoon of salt, and a cup of water. Mix...and walla! PEROGIE DOUGH! Once filled, boil and fry them up!
Now, you can fill them with what ever you want...we stay traditional (Potato & Cheese), (Saurkraut, salt pork and farmer's cheese), (Shredded Beef), and my Mom's favorite...(Blueberry). I wish I could have taken a pic of Dave kneeding the dough, but I was covered with flour and my hand full of dough and spooning in the ingrediants. As it stands, we made 21 dozen of Potato & Cheese, and 7 dz. of the meat...Only 20 more dz. to go!!!!

1 comment:

Daily dose of Dana said...

Helena, I thought the first pic was bags of coke or something - Thank God I know u better!!! lol!!!