December 28, 2008

Uncle Lenny...

He just came out of the hospital with gaulbladder surgery and pancritus (Ok, I know that I didn't spell that right!). A few months back, Dave asked him "you're 72 years old...what haven't you done or traveled too?" Uncle Lenny said..."I have been everywhere! All around the world, traveled everywhere, done everything besides going to a NASCAR race..I have always wanted to do that." So, we decided to suprise him at Christmas with 2 tickets to the NASCAR race in May so him and Dave can go, and us girls will hit the outlets in Delaware. Well...being that he was just recently really sick, in ICU i think it took him back when he opened the box and there was the print out of the ticket for him and Dave. He didn't even know what to say, so he started crying! Then I started crying, then Dave, then my Mom, My Aunt and my Aunt Karen started balling! It was so emotional...the whole year, my Mom started if off with her seizures, then Aunt Pat is not well with her back and diabetes, then my Uncle, and they are Brother and Sisters, so it was a emotional day for all of us and a greatful day that we all have each other and are doing better and have a strong family bond. It was a very nice Christmas, being with family, making each other happy and being very blessed to be so close...

1 comment:

Daily dose of Dana said...

That was really nice of you guys!!!! I can just imagine the scene now!!!!!