September 23, 2008

Our weekend!

You would never believe it!
We went to Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty on friday. We had a great day, the skies were clear, nice breeze on the boats...it was perfect. So Sat...we decided to go to columbus market and walk around. We get out of the car and i fall on the uneven pavement. I didn't break anything to my knowledge, but my ankle was killing me. So, I hobbled around the market. Sat evening, we did dinner with Dave's Mom cause it was our one year on Sunday and she didn't make it to the wedding. So, then sunday we packed our bags and headed for Atlantic City. We booked a room at the Ramada (Cause the AC hotels were outrageous!) and we head for the boardwalk. It took longer than usual to walk it cause I was hobbling! Then Dave had to sit cause he couldn't breathe right. We get the guys on the boardwalk to push us back to Taj Mahal where we parked and he is now having a full blown Asthma Attack. (By the way, he never carries his inhalers, but his ashtam only acts up when he is sick, and my Aunt brought home a bug on tues that she was fighting). We get in the car and we had to check out of the hotel cause i thought I was going to have to take him to the ER. The refund us the money cause we were only checked in for 2 and a half hours. We drive to his Mom's cause they have the asthma machine. He barely makes it in the door! So, we go home and Monday morning we make appts for the Dr (We go to the same one) cause now I woke up with a hacking cough, and my ankle was really bad at this point. We go to the Dr and he gets another treatment, and I get checked out and now have bronchitus and need a Xray on my ankle. As I was walking out his Dr tells us she will call ahead to RWJ cause she wants him to directly go to the ER cause his breathing was so shallow and pulse ox was so low. So, I drop him at the ER, I run to get the scripts filled, get my Xray of the ankle (which is a soft tissue damage...AKA Sprained, and they tell me I would have been better off breaking my ankle cause I wouldnt' be in the pain that I am in right now) and then run back to the hospital. At that point i was only gone an hour and they only checked him in. So, they take him back, give him some steriods, a treatment and a script (4 hours later). We get home, Im miserable, my foot is killing me, we didnt' eat, he is finaly able to breathe somewhat, so we ordered dinner and had our piece of wedding cake topper that we had in the freezer from the wedding. What an adventure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I do have some pics from Friday, and Ill take a pic of my ankle, I look like I have two of them! ! ! !

No comments: